We woke up through the night in the rest area with the coming and goings of trucks all night- not an ideal place for a good nights rest. Leaving TN, we crossed over the mountains through western NC and into upstate SC. We hit I-26 and had the end of our trip in sight! Early afternoon, we rolled into home.
A great trip- here are some quick stats:
1) Over 7500 miles travelled (over 6000 in the motorhome and over 1500 in the car after arriving) during the 30 day trip.
2) 8 National Parks, over 10 National Rec Areas or Monuments, 6 State Parks, and tons of other!
3) Trip Highlights- Whitewater Rafting the Snake River in Jackson Hole, Rock Climbing for the kids, Rodeo in Deadwood, Horseback riding, Crossing into Canada, seeing the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier NP, and seeing the wildlife!
4) 380 Sq. Feet living space in the RV (with slides out) versus a full size home!
5) 720 straight hours of family time with a lifetime of memories!